12 Top Exercises To Lose Belly Fat At Home
Fat is present under our skin, but the fat present under our belly area can be dangerous. You might be wondering how, so let me clear this out for you. Excess fat in the abdominal region can lead to diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver and the list goes on. Fix your diet and do exercises to lose belly fat at home without using any equipment.
The most leading causes of belly fat include high caloric intake and lack of physical activity. Other causes may be stress, aging, hormonal imbalance, genetics, alcohol intake, and smoking.
Without any second thought, start working out today to reduce your tummy fat fast. The following exercises will help you in burning your belly fat and calories by sitting at home.
1. Crunches, easiest and the most effective:
It is one of the super easy exercises to lose belly fat at home for beginners.
- Lie down on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Arms can be put on the chest in a cross position or put hands behind your head.
- Raise your head and upper body while breathing out for 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, go back to the previous relaxed position while inhaling.
- Repeat this at least 10 to 12 times. Do this exercise 4 days a week and be consistent.
2. Lunges- 7 minutes a day:
- Stand straight and move one leg forward in a bent position, stand up again and do the same step with the other leg.
- Repeat 10 to 12 times for each leg.
3. Bicycle Exercise:
- Lie down with hands at the back of your head and bend one knee to your chest by lifting your head a little keeping the other leg just relaxedly bent.
- Repeat the same step with the other leg while keeping one leg bent and foot touching the floor, rotate both legs one by one as you are riding a bicycle.
- Repeat 10 to 12 times for both legs.
4. Planks- just 1 time a day:
- It is a core exercise done by initially lying down on your tummy on the floor then raising your upper body the way that body weight is put on arms and knees as hands touch the ground.
- Gradually shift body weight to your toes by lifting your knees while your arms remain in the same position as before.
- While doing this body must form a straight line with toes and arms-bearing body weight stay in this position for up to 30 seconds, and then return to the starting position. Do this once daily.
This exercise includes in super effective exercises to lose belly fat at home.
- It involves movement of the whole body and is, therefore, a full-body exercise with multiple benefits.
- It commences by standing straight and then bending in frog position followed by a pushup, then repetition of frog position, and lastly by standing tall again after a jump with arms straight upwards.
- You can start with 3 to 5 burpees at a time but increase the number as you become comfortable doing more.
6. Chair pose:
It helps in toning up belly, hips, and thighs.
- Start by standing straight with your feet apart, exhale and bend your knees, achieve position similar to as you sit on a chair, keep arms straight upwards or in the forward direction and your back straight, stay like this for 30 seconds, after this stand straight with arms relaxed to your sides, repeat 12 to 15 times.
7. Mountain climbers- 5 to10 minutes a day:
Place hands on the floor and arms bearing the weight raise body while toes on ground and body forming a straight line, bring one knee forward to your chest while another leg straight, now return this knee to the original position and another knee to the chest, repeat this for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Flutter kicks- 6 to 8 times:
- Lie down straight on your back with hands under your head or hips and lift your shoulder and head a little upwards, raise one foot and leg a little for few seconds, bring it back and raise the other leg now.
- Repeat this for both legs up to 6 to 8 times.
9. Leg drops:
- Lie down straight on the floor and raise both legs while inhaling.
- After few seconds, start exhaling slowly and lowering down your legs back to the original position.
- Repeat this at least 10 to 12 times daily.
10. Hip lifts- 5 minutes a day:
- Start by lying straight on the floor, inhale and raise your legs high, exhale and move your hips fully towards your chest, inhale and start lowering your hips to the original position now.
- Repeat ten times.
11. Leg circles:
This include in easiest exercises to lose belly fat at home.
- Lie down with arms resting on your sides, raise one leg straight upward and rotate in a circular motion up to 6 times both clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Now move this leg back to the resting position and repeat the same step with the other leg. Repeat the same procedure with both legs up to 10 times.
It is a powerful complete body workout.
- Run for thirty seconds at full speed and then walk slowly for one minute.
- Do ten sets of sprints. Total it is 15 minutes workout.
Let’s conclude this discussion on the note to start working on losing excess tummy fat by adopting healthy eating and daily exercise to improve health and prevent diseases. Consistency and patience are the keys.
2 thoughts on “12 Top Exercises To Lose Belly Fat At Home”
Very helpful exercises. Already have tried some, so effective. Thanks for sharing such key information.